Welcome! Whether you are a current facilitator or are thinking you want to bring your class/event/workshop to Unity on the Bay, you are in the right place! Please read the below information entirely before submitting a proposal. Thank you!
Here is what you should know about having your class/event/workshop at Unity on the Bay.
- It is Unity on the Bay’s decision to accept or decline to host a workshop or class. We also reserve the right to reschedule or cancel a class/workshop at any time.
- Unity on the Bay will retain 60% of all revenue collected for your workshop/class. 40% will go to you in the form of a check an estimated 4 weeks after the completion of the class/workshop.
- You are required to complete a W-9 Tax Form before your check can be processed.
- A minimum of $80 per class/workshop is due to Unity on the Bay. For example, if a class/workshop produces $80 in revenue, all $80 is due to Unity on the Bay with nothing remaining to split. All revenue above $80 collected is split 60/40.
- Participates are required to register online for one-time workshops/classes. We recommend $30 per person. Unity will collect payment through our website. We recommend that the cost at the door be $5-$10 more than online registration.
- You are required to find at least one person to assist you during your workshop/class, mainly to handle collecting payment at the door and checking people off from the registration list provided. This helps you, the facilitator, be best prepared to serve your attendees.
- Unity on the Bay sometimes grants individuals experiencing financial hardship a discounted rate to attend classes/workshops or in exchange for volunteering time. If this occurs, we will let you know.
- You can collect names and emails for your personal use during the class/workshop.
- Unity on the Bay promotes your class/workshop on our online calendar, Facebook, Meetup.com, Monthly Printed Bulletins, Email Campaigns and at Sunday/Wednesday Services. Please note that promotion frequency and duration will vary depending on other class/workshops/events being promoted at the same time.
- You are strongly encouraged to promote your own class/workshop as well. Please share on your social media and email lists.
- You may choice to partner with Unity on the Bay for paid Facebook/Instagram Marketing. This helps us increase exposure of your class/event throughout the Miami area. If you provide $25, we will match it. Your $25 will be deducted from your final payment.
- Every teacher/facilitator is required to sign a Code of Ethics.
If you have read the above and want to continue with proposing a class/event/workshop, please use the button below.
Here is a list of information you may want to collect before completing this form. After you complete the form, please send a high quality headshot to Jason at email@example.com. The form cannot be saved and revisited. It must be fully completed before submitting.
- Bio Information
- Certifications / Degree Information
- Benefits of taking this class/workshop/event
If you have been approved to be a facilitator, you must complete these two forms and return them to Unity on the Bay before the start of your class/event/workshop.
Here are pictures of available rooms just to give you an idea of space available. Click any image to enlarge it. Once your class/workshop/event is approved, we will select the room that best works based on our calendar.